Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://repository.uma.ac.id/handle/123456789/11615
Title: Hubungan antara Kehangatan Orangtua dan Kecendrungan Gangguan Kepribadian Narsistik pada mahasiswa Fakultas Psikologi Pengguna Instagram di Universitas Medan Area
Authors: Gelamntara, Hakeem Muhammad
Advisor: Minauli, Irna
Siregar, Farida Hanum
Keywords: parental warmth;narcissistic personality disorders;students;instagram;kehangatan orangtua;gangguan kepribadian narsistik;mahasiswa
Issue Date: 21-Oct-2019
Publisher: Universitas Medan Area
Series/Report no.: NPM;138600123
Abstract: This study aims to examine the correlation between parental warmth and Narcissistic Personality Disorder tendencies among psychology students of Universitas Medan Area who use Instagram. The subjects of this study were 100 psychology students from the class of 2017 who actively use Instagram and still have their biological parents. The sampling method used in this study was purposive sampling. The data were collected by using the Parental Warmth Scale and Narcissistic Tendencies Scale. The data were analysed using the Pearson correlation technique (rxy) and showed a positive and significant correlation between parental warmth and Narcissistic Personality Disorder tendencies with a coefficient of 0,317 and p=0,001<0,050, which means, the higher the parental warmth is received by an individual, the more likely the individual is to develop narcissistic tendencies and vice versa. The students’ parental warmth in this study can be classified as high (mean=78,36) while the students’ Narcissistic Personality Disorder tendencies fall into the moderate category (mean=110,13). As for the coefficient of determination (r2) of the correlation, the value is 0,101 or 10%, which means there is a significant influence of parental warmth on the Narcissistic Personality Disorder tendencies, but the effect is not substantial. The rest of 90% is most likely influenced by genetic factors, environmental factors, socio-cultural factors, and neurobiological factors.
Description: Penelitian ini bertujuan untuk melihat hubungan antara kehangatan orangtua dan kecenderungan gangguan kepribadian narsistik pada mahasiswa Fakultas Psikologi Universitas Medan Area yang menggunakan Instagram. Subjek dalam penelitian ini adalah sebanyak 100 mahasiswa Fakultas Psikologi stambuk 2017 yang aktif menggunakan Instagram dan memiliki orangtua kandung yang masih hidup. Teknik pengambilan sampel menggunakan teknik purposive sampling. Pengambilan data dilakukan dengan menggunakan Skala Kehangatan Orangtua dan Skala Kecenderungan Narsistik. Hasil analisis data menggunakan teknik korelasi Pearson (rxy) menunjukkan adanya hubungan positif dan signifikan antara kehangatan orangtua dan kecenderungan gangguan kepribadian narsistik dengan koefisien 0,317 dan p=0,001<0,050. Artinya, semakin tinggi kehangatan yang diterima individu, maka semakin besar kemungkinan individu mengembangkan kecenderungan perilaku narsistik dan sebaliknya. Kehangatan orangtua mahasiswa dalam penelitian ini tergolong tinggi (mean=78,36) sementara kecenderungan gangguan kepribadian narsistik pada mahasiswa berada dalam kategori sedang (mean=110,13). Adapun koefisien determinasi (r2) dari korelasi tersebut adalah 0,101 atau sebesar 10% yang artinya ada pengaruh yang signifikan dari kehangatan orangtua terhadap kecenderungan gangguan kepribadian narsistik, namun pengaruhnya tidak terlalu besar. Sekitar 90% sisanya kemungkinan besar dipengaruhi oleh faktor genetik, faktor lingkungan, faktor sosial-budaya, dan faktor neurobiologis.
URI: http://repository.uma.ac.id/handle/123456789/11615
Appears in Collections:SP - Psychology

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
138600123 - Hakeem Muhammad Gelantra - Fulltext.pdfCover, Abstract, Chapter I, II, III, Biblioghraphy2.37 MBAdobe PDFView/Open
138600123 - Hakeem Muhammad Gelantra - Chapter IV.pdf
  Restricted Access
Chapter IV389.38 kBAdobe PDFView/Open Request a copy


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.